25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the End of 2013
1. What am I most proud of this year? Marathon, cliff jumping, hmm.
2. How can I become a better _____________? (friend, girlfriend, employee)
3. Where am I feeling stuck? career
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace? When I make mistakes, learning new skills
5. Am I passionate about my career? Working on that
6. What lessons have I learned? Criticism is sometimes necessary, It’s important to speak up, Listen to others (and try not to repeat the same mistakes), Family of origin isn’t how everything works
7. What did I my finances look like? – Not where I want them to be. I want to earn more and keep track of my spending. When I start earning more I want to start a retirement savings account.
8. How did I spend my free time? Reading, running
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul? Body- I ran. I didn’t eat well a lot of the time, a good idea would be to learn about nutrition. Mind- I started a course that has helped some. Tried listening to more positive people in my life and accepting the less than positive for what they are. Soul- Lacking there this year. I went to church but I haven’t spent much time with God
10. How have I been open-minded? I thought I would never drink, I started to drink occasionally this year.
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired? Making cards for others
12. What projects have I completed? Marathon!
13. How have I procrastinated? I didn’t speak up in a timely fashion, didn’t pursue job training, networking, or more job postings.
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time? Set time limits on certain activities so I don’t lose track of time as much. Pursue one thing at a time (in the course of a day, work on one thing at a time)
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back? I haven’t spoken up
16. Where has self-doubt taken over? When I have looked at postings for jobs
17. When have I felt the most alive? Marathon, cliff jumping
18. How have I taught others to respect me? Saying what I don’t like
19. How can I improve my relationships? Speaking up, listening to where I can improve and trying not to repeat mistakes, sharing feelings, complaining less
20. Have I been unfair to anyone? I have to think about this one.
21. Who do I need to forgive? I have to think about this one, too.
22. Where is it time to let go? Negative self talk
23. What old habits would I like to release? Rumination
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate? Positive self talk, recognizing failures and not repeating them, learning professional skills, practice saying no
25. How can I be kind to myself? Allowing mistakes (they will happen) but aiming for doing better– remembering that success is not final, failure is not fatal.
Go ahead and reflect! Let me know if you fill this out as well.